Thursday, May 12, 2005

OverClock Intelligence Agency: Thermalright XP90-C cooler review

Thermalright XP90-C cooler review
8
graph

Wow, I must say that I am impressed. Performance at the default 2.4Ghz/1.5v is about even across the board even with the XP90-C using the 120mm fan.. Overclocking to 2.7Ghz however, the XP90-C manages to edge out the XP120 by 5� C with the 92mm.. These results are pretty interesting, I was expecting the 120mm fan to further improve the XP90-C's performance, but clearly I was wrong. The idle temps of the XP90-C using the 120mm fan are a degree lower, but the load temps higher.. Every Thermalright cooler I test ends up being the best air cooler I've used, and Thermalright didn't disappoint today. The XP90-C with 92mm fan is the clear winner here. If you prefer air cooling, the Thermalright XP90-C should be your next heatsink, just think about what it could do with a 92mm Tornado.

No comments: